Modern Award Compliance and Payroll Auditing
PCC Employment Lawyers have significant experience navigating the Modern Award system, and assisting employers with ensuring that they meet their legal obligations. Compliance with Modern Awards is a complex and critical aspect of the modern employment landscape in Australia. Failure to comply with a term of a Modern Award is a breach of section 45 of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), a civil penalty provision. Contraventions can lead to harsh penalties for companies in breach, as well as Directors, officers, and company employees who are knowingly involved in contraventions.
We provide for employer clients:
· Advice on Award coverage, employee classifications, and the applicability and operation of penalty rates and other allowances;
· internal customised payroll auditing services;
· advice to clients around accessorial liability of directors and officers of a company;
· assistance to employers subject to inspection or investigation by the Fair Work Ombudsman;
· formal payroll audits for employers that are subject to enforceable undertakings; and
· representation and advice to clients who are prosecuted by the Fair Work Ombudsman, in both liability and penalty hearings.